Saturday, January 29, 2011

Syllabus Standards

I think the syllabus standard that I will struggle with the most is the Cohesion of Framework. To me it is the most complex standard because it calls for students to understand all of the other listed standards and understand how they connect with one another. It will be a challenge because will take a lot of work to not only understand the other standards, but to also be able to connect them all together while teaching and having the meetings to defend our grade. I hope that by the end of the semester I will have gained the understanding to do this because I know it will make me that much of a better teacher when I do. I think that this standard is very important and key to being not only a teacher, but it separates the really good teachers from the average ones.

2 comments:

  1. Lindsey,
    I know what you are saying. I feel the same way, that I'm not hoping to gain insight into this standard for this class alone, but also for my future classroom. I know how cohesion across standards, or curricula, can make comprehension that much deeper, and I hope to understand this better by the end of the semester.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll add to your reasons why this standard is so important. The reason this standard "separates the really good teachers from the average ones" is because this standard helps you improve. Some teachers will focus on one aspect of instruction and not understand why their teaching doesn't get better. What they fail to understand is how they might be asking really good questions, but there is some other aspect of their teaching getting in the way. A teacher who understands how all the ideas fit together won't as easily fall into that trap.

    ReplyDelete